Mikey needs a big boy quilt. He's the only grand who doesn't have more than the quilt I made when he was born. I saw an idea and decided to make one for him and Charlie. This is when the morphing comes in. The quilt I saw was on Pinterest and it had five very large baseballs on it. Large like in 44 inches in diameter. I knew that would be a big undertaking, making two quilts like that so I brought it down to three. And then after making the one ball decided the quilt would have one ball. Sewing all of those red stitchings on by hand twice was hugely time consuming. But I did it. Appliquing the ball onto the background was one evening's work (the green stripe will be cut away from the back of the ball soon.) Easy peasy.
I planned to spend this day that new windows are being installed in the house appliqueing the "D's" it was just too pretty outside to be sitting inside. When we get to this part of the year we never know when the last nice day is here till it's gone and there are no more. I took my current book out to the back to enjoy the sunshine, the view and the birds.
Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and cold all day. I should go back out and join the birds and that squirrel while I can.