Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Encountering Truth



Encountering Truth: Meeting God in the Everyday. The Morning Homilies from St. Martha’s Chapel



Now hear this.  I do not purchase spiritual books.  I do not purchase self-help books. I’m not a snob about it, I just prefer not to have someone else tell me what to do.  But I chose this book from Blogging for Books to review because I think Pope Francis is a rock star. Never thought I’d hear myself say THAT about any Pope.
This intrigued me. Every morning at seven Pope Francis gives a little homily off the cuff. Nothing written down. And the audience is always different and made up of just people.  No cardinals in red hats.  These are the gardeners, cooks, everyday people along with some nuns and priests.  I wouldn’t mind being one of them one morning.
This book is a collection of some of these homilies.  They’re short, just a page and a half.  Mere paragraphs.  Something you can pick up, look in the table of contents, find one to fit your mood or need and get a little uplift from the Pope.  What’s not to like?

2 comments:

  1. . This Pope is indeed a breath of the freshest air and what the Church needs to move into modern life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pigs start to fly now?! ;)
    Good for you, girl ...

    ReplyDelete