Thursday, February 15, 2018

Sunny Days

Lots of sunshine today. The snow is melting and making ice overnight but it's all good because it's melting and the sun is shining and the floors are washed and the doors are open and this light makes me think of my Friend Mary who always used to say a sunny day after a cloudy winter  makes the cobwebs in the corner show up better.  It's not THAT bad but it has happened.

 A bright sunny promising day like today just can't help but make you think spring is coming.  And it makes me itch for a new project.  I'm eyeing paintable surfaces and just itching for a new quilt project. I don't know what to do yet.  I wander through Pinterest looking at things people have done and find I've pinned a lot of orange peel quilts.  I leaf through my books and the Primitive Quilts and Projects magazines and everything looks good but nothing has tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear.
 In my corner I'm putting the last flowers into the four panel quilt-turned-wall-hanging.  I'm tired of carrying it around and with just a few evenings I've gotten this far. One more evening and I'll have all of the flowers on and can connect the squares.  The crow quilt in the corner is going to take time and will probably be what I take to spring retreat.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms....love your block too. Hot hot hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you surrounded but books and sewing.........heaven.......enjoy your sunshine......and flowers.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sewing nook.....so cosy! The wall hanging is going to be wonderful cannot wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will come up with something amazing soon. I love the flowers, are they your new pots for spring?

    ReplyDelete