Saturday, February 24, 2018

Flower pots

This is about as close to flowers in pots we have this gray time of year. We can go to the store and buy primroses or daffodils and they do help but boy it will be nice when the real thing comes out of the ground. 
I'm SO glad I got this top finished.  I've been carrying this project around with me for years. When I get close to finishing a book, like two-thirds of the way through, I'll stay up all night to finish it.  That's how I felt with these squares. Once I started working on the third square I decided I was going to stick with it until I finished it and I love how it turned out!  And I used my stash for all of it.  Even the backing.  Even the batting, though that has to be pieced.  After it's pinned I will fold it and take it to retreat in March as an alternate to working on the crow quilt. It even fits the wall space that's waiting for it.

5 comments:

  1. Love it.....a glorious sight to behold as I munched on my breakfast and perused Blog land! I am appreciating the wall quilt these days, uses up quite a few scraps, try a few techniques and move onto a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Denice this is gorgeous i am so glad you finished it,such beautiful work,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty Denice. Nice and bright. I saw the weather and it looks like more cold for you. Keep warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love applique. Is it fused? Do you remember the pattern name? Looks like you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete