Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sunshine

We had a lot of snow the last couple of days.  More than we had since before Christmas.  It's really beautiful, even if you don't like snow. As long as I don't have to drive in it I can tolerate it.  Unless I'm sliding down the hill on my tush.  
This morning this was the front "yard."  The plow did come and clear our driveway last evening and again early this morning so if we were feeling brave we were free to go.  Very quickly the residue on the driveway melted away because it had a little help from the sun.
This is the first sunshine we've seen in ELEVEN days and I wasn't going to let it go to waste.  I put an audio book in my ears, took the ski poles that help me get down our driveway and headed for a walk into town (I left the ski poles leaning against a tree at the end of the driveway.)  I make that seem like quite a jaunt, to walk into town,  but it's only four city blocks. 
 When I got home I did something I never do during the day.  I sat down to stitch while watching  a movie. When it's really cold in winter I like to watch movies about hot places.  My go to is A Town Like Alice, it's my blizzard movie. When the winds howl and the snow falls I watched that one every year.  But I haven't been able to watch it since we moved here - I need to have the VHS converted to DVD.  The movie today was Last Cab to Darwin.  

 This block is part of the El Camino Real book and I think I'm going to do a four block wall hanging instead of the full quilt.  It's been a long road for this one.  I'm ready to move on.

Last night I cut the pieces for the fourth block of the raven quilt.  This one is moving along very well.

That's it: snow, sunshine, stitching.  Not a bad day!

2 comments:

  1. your snow is lovely! great day for movie watching and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow I could dream of right now. But I don't wish any big snow on you I know it must be as hard as this heat for us. I have been a bit behind on my blog reading but you have done so much. That's a lovely quilt you are working on . I love the last Cab to Darwin great movie. Its quite funny your choice of movies.

    ReplyDelete