Friday, May 7, 2010

still wrestling

I'm still wrestling with the quilt I'm going to make for granddaughter #3, due in August. It's the Sunbonnet Sue from a couple of posts ago. I had friend Marilyn take a look, fresh eyes, new perspective, and she helped tame me down and bring it into focus. But it's been such nice weather this week I've been spreading mulch and pulling weeds and digging up roses and moving them from here to there and then finding other things to move into the here spot. It's too nice to be inside and things need to be pruned, tended and spruced.

This is part of my front yard. Lavender, lavender, lavender. The bees love it! But so does this one particular weed. I go to and from the mailbox bent over, pulling as I go.

I always have such grandiose ideas for the yard and Patient Husband tries to accommodate me but he said no to the chicken coop and the barn ( I pester him with "I want a barn. Can I have a barn? I want a barn.") but he said yes to the wood burning pizza oven so what am I complaining about? Today I sent an email to him with my latest request/project. Maybe, maybe not. I'm thinking maybe! If it works, I'll show and tell later.

Our principal had a masseuse come to school yesterday to give a hand massage to anyone who wanted it. I'm so arthritic I thought it was a good thing so I signed up for a 15 minute session. And at first it DID feel good but oh, my goodness, after an hour I was in so much pain I could have screamed. She found and massaged every painful joint and connective tissue in my hands and kneaded and kneaded them - irritating and irritating them. I could hardly hold onto the steering wheel for the HOUR drive home. I was breathing through gritted teeth. Went home, dove for the couch wrapped in a quilt and fell asleep. I could hardly lift a thing all night. No more massages for me!

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to see if they improve in a day or two...
    Lovely to hear from you, I am managing to write a little even though I am teaching again .
    I have such a lovely class, I am so lucky.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how your new quil turns out.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete