Friday, March 1, 2024

Number 4

 Well, once again I prove to all I'm not good with directions, not good with even reading them.

My Chookshed Challenge number 4 has to be moved...again.  It got shunted last month, too.  But the one I had as number 4 was the one I intend to take to retreat in April.  I always take to retreat a layered quilt to hand quilt.  I don't take a machine, I don't pack a huge bunch of materials and supplies,  I don't do lots of things fast so I always just take a quilt top to be quilted, hunker down in my corner between two windows with good lighting and spend the weekend hand quilting.  That one would have been number four for March.  I had to move it.  Probably will have to move it again if number 5 isn't chosen for April (which is the number I switched with.)  Confused?  You should have been me this morning when I tried my darndest to remember what "blue quilt" meant at number 4!


This moved to spot number 4 for March.  I have the nine patches done from that never ending stash Friend Sally gave me of the 1930's prints.  There was a pile of nine patches all done so I decided this small medallion center would be do-able and allow the use of still more of Sally's gift. 

This originally was number 2 but moved last month to number 5 and now to number 4.  But at least I'm keeping up with one project a month!! And finishing!  

4 comments:

  1. Things are on the move at your house!! But good idea to keep the hand quilting for when you want to do it. I don't think it matters too much, getting things to the finish line is the name of the game! This current project is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you are motivated to get things done, just not in the chosen order. I've never seen that book by Edyta Sitar. I'll have to look it up. It's always good to have a stash of 9-patches on hand for emergencies - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of taking minimal stuff to a retreat. It makes it just that - a retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swapsees is fine....... So long as we all make some progress......
    Also I too have listed something like that before and completely forgot what I was talking about........

    ReplyDelete