Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Retreat weekend

 Back from quilt retreat weekend and this post is heavy on pictures.  There is a little commentary but not much.  Just feast your eyes on my talented friends.

This was the sunset our first night there and I promise you I did not photo shop this.  It was stunning.
The next day we had rain/snow/ice so the morning after was heavy on the icey trees.  You could hear them tinkle as they swayed and the ice melted and dropped on our head but oh, my, it was gorgeous.


Barb usually thinks of a game that will get us up off our chairs.  Here we were charged with gently tossing a spool of thread into the baskets.  I think I got two.


The following photos are of show and tell








OK, this was a show and tell, too, but it was really hilarious.  Marissa saves here selvidges and rolls them into a ball.  This was originally, before she started to braid a rug with them, the size of a beach ball.  It's solid selvidge, absolutely no core to this ball.




We had a small challenge to bring, too.  We were to interpret "6" somehow.  
Barb was making the Pasquali medalions and just plain got tired of the tiny work so she put them away.  She pulled them out to interpret "6" with these flowers.  It was just beautiful.



My six?  I made a cube pin cushion.  I also didn't have show and tell because believe it or not, until very recently I hadn't picked up a needle since October.  The elves didn't show up to do any finishing for me, either so there you have it. Nothing to show.  I worked on my Liberty circles and the map of Lowell I'm scheming and that was what I brought.  Made some progress on the map but have to refigure an idea before I proceed too much further.  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time--and that sunset is breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sunset photo, and some lovely show and tell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning and very different projects everyone has shown. A lovely array of colour. I know what you mean about having a break from quilting. I'm the same but hope to be back to blogging and quilting beginning with at our retreat next Wednesday to Sunday.

    ReplyDelete