Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Retreat

 Lots of pictures in this one, ladies.  We had our retreat this past weekend.  There were seven of us, the weather just could not have been nicer so there was lots of hand stitching on the porch. There was no way I was going to sit inside any building when we know the clock is ticking on this perfect weather.

This is our Inn and after over 10 years of going twice a year it feels like coming home . The porch is uninhabited at the moment, but only for the moment!

I like to take a walk or two or three and there are so many choices with over 130 acres of woods, meadows, ponds, lake.  I walked around the lake but then discovered it was opening weekend for bow hunting so didn't go out again. 
The porch is perfect for hand stitching with our drinks at hand.
My porch sitting hand work.  Barb and I are each doing a liberty circle quilt.  She is way further than I am because she works faster than I do and spends more time at it.  I keep waiting for the shoemaker's elves to come in the night and work on some of my stuff.  


We did show and tell on the porch because no one wanted to go in and the photos turn out better with the lighting.






The long armer used lime green thread on Barb's blue quilt and you can't tell from the front, only the back. 
Marissa worked this bargello to look like Colorado's mountain country. The skies, the trees, the rivers. You can see she added trunks to her tree wave.  She lived there for 12 years and only just came home to Michigan.


And Sally.  I've said before many times our Sally loves to do itsy bitsy teeny weeny piecing and no one can top per perfection.  


This one?  You know those corners you cut off flying geese or other blocks?  She saves them and this is what she used this group for.  I'm telling you, they are teeny!





She made this one for her grand daughter but didn't want to give it to her when it was finished! So she didn't!  
Every year we take a group photo to document the weekend.  You can see I spent the weekend working on my churn dash.  


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful porch to sit out on! You are a very clever bunch of ladies, so many beautiful quilts, those minis are stunning and the flying goose quilt really appeals to me. Love your scissor fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful peaceful looking place, Bad luck the bow hunters were out. I would stay on the porch too. All of the quilts are lovely, you churn dash is looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many wonderful quilts! what a beautiful place, no wonder you all like going there twice a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of beautiful creations happening and a great place to sit and work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect place to enjoy while stitching.Lots of beautiful projects worked on by your lovely retreat friends.

    ReplyDelete