Thursday, October 6, 2022

Mug Shots

 Barb told us to bring a yard of fabric that "says you " to retreat. It was a mystery but she said we would take the fabric back home uncut.  I asked if we were going to be expected to wrap our naked bodies in a yard of fabric, you know, like the Calendar Girls, but she assured me it would be painless.

So, here we are:

  Joyce is all batik and a certain color scheme.  If it's teal, turquoise, wine/burgundy, green or navy, it's in her stash.
Barb is in a blue mode right now as you saw in her show and tell  quilts
I don't remember why Lisa chose this sand color. I must have been distracted and not listening when she said.
Here's me with strawberries, of course.  This is a piece I just don't want to cut. 
Sally likes Christmas quilts so she chose this red wonky stripe
I wasn't in the room when Jan had her s taken and explained her choice but it's identical to Lisa's.
Marissa just moved back to Michigan from 14 years in Colorado. Her fabric had feel good messages printed on it. 

We should have had a mug shot number pinned to our shirts!  This was a fun thing to do if you want to  take photos of your retreat people.  For lots of years I have taken much larger frame with me to gatherings. It's a great ice breaker and the pictures are a nice souvenir of the event.  


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos..Great idea. May suggest for our next retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea, great photos. Wonderful memory to take away until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! So clever--it could even be fun for guild as a way for people to get better acquainted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Denice, thanks for sharing your retreat photos. How nice to see all that beautiful quilting. And these quilty mug shots is such a fun way for you all to get to know each other. Love your Liberty circles, btw. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, and the mug shots are lovely, happy quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that what a great idea. Isn't funny how each fabric matched the colouring of each lady like it we meant to be ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely mug shot photos! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, fun activity!! Mine would be a Batik in sea blue or a bright color.

    ReplyDelete