Thursday, October 27, 2022

Finish line


 I made it to the finish line!  How many of you will finish by the end of the month?  I have to say everything else took a back seat this month so I could wrap this up.....pun intended. Machine pieced and for me that's saying something. Big stitch quilted which is supposed to be quicker than regular quilting but it still takes time to hand quilt anything.  I kept it simple and not on point for sanity and in the end I like it a lot. 


Now I can work on the Liberty circles,


The going is slow but I had no idea I had this many finished till I just put them out for the photo.  This is a project with Friend Barb and she has many more done than I do but now that the churn dash is done the evening hand work will be the circles.  There is no rhyme or reason to these colors.  The fabrics are from what I purchased in London and here and online.  Totally random.  And there are over 300 to do so more variety will show up as I go along. 

So that's it, folks.  We are moving into Halloween weekend and as the kids grow the plans change. Then it's serious Christmas shopping plans.  Ugh. 




8 comments:

  1. love your churn dash! and the liberty circles are looking good too, both on my bucket list of things to do...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denice your churn dash is beautiful. Congratulations on the finish. I'm looking forward to seeing the liberty circles finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your Churn Dash finish, it looks fantastic. Mine is still waiting for my quilter, so maybe awhile yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great finish on your churn dash. And hand quilted to boot! I am impressed.
    That is going to be a fantastic quilt of the Liberty circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your churn dash finish! Enjoy stitching circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Churn Dash Finish! I made mine a couple of months back and intended to do another - NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful churn dash quilt! And those Liberty's are delightful, how big are your background squares?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG how did I miss commenting on this post............your churn dash looks great...well done......so pleased you joined in and big change machine piecing..........I would like to learn how to big stitch quilt........thanks for being part of the Churn Dash SAL
    loving the liberty circles also...........

    ReplyDelete