Tuesday, May 12, 2020

In the Mood

Yesterday was cold and cloudy - better weather is promised - and I was in the mood. 

 Homemade hamburger buns
 pasta for lasagna
which we both approved of heartily.  I observed while loading the dishwasher that I didn't even have to rinse the plates.  The green you see is pesto. The meat this time is a combination of Johnsonville original brats and Italian sausage brats.  I don't have a recipe for lasagna.  I just open the refrigerator and freezer and use what sounds good.  It's never the same twice.
and chocolate cake number 3.  This one has two pieces cut out for PH and me and was then sent down the street for taste testing. As I knocked on the door I could hear Adelaide inside, "It's Grandma with another chocolate cake!" and the door was quickly opened.
  This recipe came out of a 1979 cookbook I go back to over and over again.  So much so it's held together with clips and all pages are now single sheets of paper.  This is a sour cream chocolate cake with a butter cream frosting.  I didn't have sour cream so used yogurt.  It isn't as moist as the Ina Garten cake but definitely wasn't dry, had a nice dense crumb and I liked the taste. I would definitely make this one again.  Listen to me!  All of this gushing over a chocolate cake! 

A very productive morning!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks delicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make the lasagne pasta? The girl has been busy cooking all sorts of things....

    ReplyDelete