Friday, August 16, 2019

Porch days

We've been enjoying a stretch of fine weather so Friend Marilyn, Rosie and I decided to do some porch sewing. 
 She just finished this top - and it caused her angst and three rippings when she noticed she didn't get the arrangement right.  Three!






















We are both working on these scrappy stars given to us by Friend Jan.  It's a good portable project to have at hand.  We each have nine, I think.  Maybe twelve?  I'll know for sure when I run out of them.

I find myself always taking pictures of a quilter's work box.  I think work boxes say a lot about how what kind of hand quilter you are.  Choices of needles, threads, scissors, marking pens/pencils and of course, the band aid, which yes, she did use that day.

We had a good chat, a good lunch at a nearby restaurant, some tea and treats all on a nice summer porch day. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Especially the photos of the work boxes ... post, please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, I cant imagine all that work by hand and you know I'm not a hand quilter, must be because I can't understand how you use those tiny needles to do all that beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete