Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Quilt show 2019


Well, we did it again!  Sunday (June 30) the quilt exhibit I plan and organize took place during our church's annual festival.  I COULD NOT DO THIS  without the help of the legions of people involved with me.   I need quilts, this year fifty-two people gave me quilts for a total of 105. This part alone requires a LOT of telephone time. These people trusted me with their treasures, sometimes for weeks before.   PH and Friend Terry used their muscles and stamina to pack and unpack the cars and carry the quilts into the church.  Quilts are heavy, you know? And it was an almost 90 degree day.    As soon as Father left the altar after Mass we moved in.  I had help from Friends Marilyn, Jan, daughter Lisa, grands Elizabeth and Adelaide, and Aina (whose Terry was helping Bruce and George hang the balcony quilts.)   Parishoners  Carolyn, Kay, Lisa, MaryEllen, Sheila, George, Joan and I KNOW I'm missing someone in here but it's very hectic taking everything out of bags and totes and getting them into pews and if my back was turned or I was answering a question I just didn't know who all may have lent a hand in this part.  Then we strung a rope around the pews and hung "Thou Shall Not Touch the Quilts" signs on the rope (which I made myself the first year.)   In thirty minutes we were done.

When it was over, 5 hours later, many of the quilters came to pick up their quilts so packing up for us was a lot easier.  Still a lot of quilts but not what we came in with.

We knew when we got home the minute we sat down rigor mortis was going to set in.  We groaned and moaned and walked hump backed to bed where I slept for about 40 minutes for the whole night.

Monday I got in the car and returned a majority of what needed to be returned.  There are just quilts for 4 people left but this is 4th of July week and no one is home.  So I rest.

All in all, it was a beautiful display.  People come through the church so very happy as they look, ask questions, wish they could purchase and exclaim.  It's  a very happy day for sure.







3 comments:

  1. It was amaaaaazing! Thanks to everyone who helped ... but especially the show's creator ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow look at all those delicious quilts...well done again, there are some beauties in that lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful display, well done to all involved. What a lovely thing for your community.

    ReplyDelete