Monday, June 10, 2019

Why not?

  It rained all day yesterday and into the night past bedtime.  All. Day.  It was just exactly the kind of rain that would be perfect if we needed it, but we don't and it was just exactly the kind of day you would curl up on the couch for a nap and I almost did but I had been thinking of something for a few days and after telling PH that I would accomplish so much if I didn't nap, it was time to put that to the test.  For June we are cold, rainy and not summery so summer things aren't happening yet. I decided to try out one of my thinks.

Who says gingham can't be made with prints?  A week or so ago I told PH that it would be interesting to try to replicate some of the quilts/blocks on my wall in fabric.
I love gingham and yesterday I dug through my stash looking for some black, gray and white prints that would replicate this, probably my favorite.
I found some, and after telling myself none of these replications need to be life size, I cut three inch blocks 
and came up with this - all in one afternoon and yes, I used my machine.  It certainly reads gingham( and yes, in the picture I hung it upside down. Oops.)
The vase and flowers will come later, but I do like that small scale prints can read almost solid for a gingham makeover. 

5 comments:

  1. I love your wall and hope to get out in your area someday to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this wall...your quilt is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sqeeeeeal!!! You can keep the mural wall forever this way. What a beauty :) Can't wait to see ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it. It is one special wall.

    ReplyDelete