Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vanasavana

Last night I sashed my half of the little dresses quilt Friend Marilyn and I are making for E's 4th birthday. We've twiddled along so long on this thing we're both a little tired of it but this past weekend we found a spurt of energy and trimmed, cut sashing, nine patched and joined our halves. I'm sending this over to her tomorrow to join top to bottom and put on the border. Then we start quilting in relay.


I don't want to be a whiny baby here, but it's pretty cold outside right now. I can't convert to celsius ( I don't even know if I can spell it) but here in Michigan we are 15F. So I'm not all that keen to go looking for animals for this week's Snappyfriends challenge. Sunday we were at my daughter's house for dinner and while playing with Elizabeth I realized I could go on safari right in the playroom and share her "vanasavana" as she calls it. So here we have it! Gazelles, and zebras and crows and giraffes and penguins all playing together at the watering hole.

1 comment:

  1. LOL..............very creative way to do the animals..........excellent idea...............hopefully I will snap some doing cattle work today...........

    ReplyDelete