Thursday, February 3, 2011

snow day


We all have our after blizzard snow stories to tell today so I won't bore you with mine. It IS magnificently beautiful out there, though, today. The sky is absolute blue - the color you'd love to buy an entire bolt of, and the sun is so bright on the pristine clean snow it hurts your eyes. Would Snappyfriends count this as water???
We have another day off school today. This is the 'gift' day. On Tuesday at school I was saying to fellow workers that "a snow day Wednesday was a given, Thursday would be a gift." And here we are! It's possible to get out so where did I find myself when the doors opened? A fabric store! I just wanted to get out of the house for a few minutes, get some air and sniff some bolts. Wasn't gone long and didn't buy much, but what I did buy is already in the washing machine!
The air is very, very cold, driving is icy, residential streets have been cleared of one lane so you don't want to see someone coming at you. But the sun is working with the asphalt. And it truly is breathtakingly gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. well when it melts it's water..........lol..........i'll send you some of my heat........

    ReplyDelete