Monday, September 20, 2021

Books and quilts, quilts and books

 I went to a quilt exhibit this morning.  It was tailor made for me: books and quilts.  Each quilt in the exhibit was inspired by a book, mostly a children's book if you consider most but certainly not all of the quilts were in the children's room of the Georgetown Public Library.  There were seventy-four quilts in all, scattered all through the library and it was really, really fun to wander around.  You could vote if you had a real favorite or thought a technique was exceptional.  

I took a photo of some,  the ones I liked the best.  Have a look:

This Santa quilt greeted you as you walked in the door and truly, you couldn't help but smile.  I smiled and said aloud, "of course!"  It was a perfect Night Before Christmas!

I first heard of Schrodinger's Cat from Sheldon and I still don't understand it but I loved that the quilter was inspired by this.
What better way to honor sacred spaces than a cathedral windows quilt?
The snowy day was always one of my favorite books for images so this one made me smile big.
Circle houses again but this time, Harry Potter inspired.  Notice the Quidditch circles.

This was another perfect interpretation of a story.  Can you see Laura's dolly in this?
No book for this one, just a quilt representing us.


This one was my third favorite behind the Santa houses and Little House on the Prairie. I like Thanksgiving most of all the holidays.

Such  a fun exhibit, books and quilts, quilts and books.  Cudos to the group that thought of this.
 

11 comments:

  1. That was fun, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to inspire and exhibit quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and fun exhibition. There are some clever ladies out there and lucky you to be able to go along in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to display quilts in the library….
    So many great quilts…

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many fun quilts and great inspiration from the books...lots of talented quilters where you are

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely the Denice exhibition.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what beautiful quilts, I wish our library would do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and some very creative examples of the books

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and so many lovely quilts, I think the Santa one is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loved the book / quilt duos! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete