Sunday, August 16, 2020

Mojo

 

 

  I lost my mojo for awhile but found it again last night.  Chookyblue had another zoom stitch session and I was able to join everyone for a little while (till the battery on my iPad ran out.)  People from all over the world are all stitching, visiting, comparing notes on the pandemic, showing projects, and just happy to be together.  I have to be more organized when she has these meetings.  I have to 1) have a project to work on 2) clear the calendar 3) make sure the battery is charged to it's top speed.  But for the hour I was with them it was enough to recharge myself.  PH even popped his head in for a second to say hi to Jenny.

Mojo meant I got up this morning and immediately made a peach pie. 

When the pie came out of the oven I put in these blueberry bars for tomorrow when my friend and I meet in the park to have lunch.
But the biggest jolt to my mojo was digging out the butterflies again.  Here are some of them. There are lots more still to do.  They are all different and I can do maybe 1 1/2 in an evening so it isn't going fast.   But they've been sitting in the basket for a week or so till I was inspired again after the zoom gathering.
Today I'm going to finish cutting the fabrics for the girls' quilts. I'm cutting, they will apply the 1/4 inch sew line and I'll show them how to hand stitch using the line for their guide. They chose the fabrics. Daughter wants them to have a quiet, artsy hand project for this school year's home sessions.  So far they are going to school two days one week, three the next.  Not ideal and between now and start day this could change but if it holds, at least they will be going. Enthusiasm running high to be back. Masks obligatory.

 We are auditioning the table around the house.  Right now it's behind the couch and I don't think I like it there.  It seems too big.  BUT I just noticed I can finish cutting the girls' fabrics while watching some TV today.  I haven't been able to watch a movie while cutting or stitching since we moved into this house six summers ago.  It will be a treat.  The Godfather marathon today!  My mom lived for these marathons when she was alive.   She would call, "Guess what!  The Godfather is on today!"   And I'd say, "Good for you!  You haven't seen that one yet."   She must have watched it 50 times.   We would tease her that when St. Peter came to get her she would tell him to wait till tomorrow if  The Godfather was on that day.

So, thanks Chooky, for the injection of Mojo.  One little hour and look what happens!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found your mojo, sometimes we need a kick to restart it. Your table seems like it would be very useful behind the couch for a cutting station. Good to "catch up" at the zoom gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing a little mini-piecing station at that table: featherweight, tiny iron with mat, all the squares stacked up on one side, and finished units on the other side. So glad you got your Mojo back; still waiting for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Mojo! The party rejuvenated me as well!

    Denice, I love the room with all the bookshelves built in. Who is the reader at your house? I like audible books so I don't have to store them and I can listen while I sew.

    Yay - butterflies are freed from their storage place again. If I recall, aren't you the hand sewing ONLY lady?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew pleased the Zoom party got your mojo working and you've achieved a lot...
    Your baking looks delicious ..
    Loving the butterflies....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have got going. It was great to see you both yesterday. I like the table there. I always find when I move something in it takes a while to accept it in its spot and then after a while it's like its always been there. Give it a while especially when you can use it to cut out..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you moving along. Can I have some of your pies

    ReplyDelete
  7. the fabrics are lovely for the quilts......good to get the girls sewing.......so pleased the zoom gave your sewing mojo a boost......it's been great for mine......and it's been so nice to see you on there also........
    the adventures of the table continue....deciding where to put it.....I don't mind it there but I guess I don't get to see the rest of the room....you did good stripping the 3 layers of paint off......

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to get together in the Zoom get together, if only briefly. I’m glad you found your mojo. Have fun with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete