Thursday, January 4, 2018

Gramma Got a Glue Gun


I was told a week or so ago that I needed one because Elizabeth is never happier than when you give her a box. Buy her what you want, but after the UPS truck leaves a package from Amazon, Elizabeth wants the box. Her eyes light up, the wheels in her head start turning and soon she's concocted something. Give Elizabeth a box and, she told me, get a glue gun.

 So when they came this week I had boxes, shells and a glue gun, told them to keep the hot gun on the tin sheet and left them to it. 
 Elizabeth made a squirrel out of clay and a home for it.

 Adelaide used drift wood to make a boat and a family.  They knew about glue guns from school so I didn't really supervise.  They do better without supervision when they're creating.
 I suggested hot chocolate.  Of course, I made it all wrong.  I used milk instead of water, didn't have marshmallows, only whipped cream in a can.  First time in my life I bought whipped cream in a can.  I told Elizabeth to open her mouth and like a trusting soul, she did.  I squirted some into her mouth and chaos happened.  Apparently they've never seen this or had it done to them.  After cleaning up myself, the floor and their faces, we decided it was fun but not something mom would appreciate.


After I gave Adelaide her typewriter last year for Christmas she wondered how to get more than one copy of what she wrote.  This year someone generously gave me a pack of carbon paper.  Remember carbon paper?  Today I showed her how to use it and took the cover off the antique I have here.
 No, that's not a glass of bourbon next to her.  She drinks tea.
 She is very in to Harry Potter so was writing an article about something she read in the book.
 I lost count of Elizabeth and went looking for her.  She was reading.  Under the bed.

 It's cold but the woods were too much of a temptation.

By now the cupcakes are ready to frost but there was a lot of frosting left and while I just couldn't see giving them a spoon and letting them eat gobs and gobs (something they said mom lets them do but I just couldn't see it)  I brought out the next best thing!
 Chocolate wafer cookies and marshmallow cream, add that to a spread of frosting, sprinkle on a few sprinkles and

 basically, fill them full of sugar and send them home! 

6 comments:

  1. lol lovely post Denice,boy the girls had a ball,loving seeing kiddies creating,isnt it the best hanging out with the grandies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect day out! I remember the possibility that an empty box offers, oh to be a pre teen again. Your garden looks lovely in the snow, and your home very cosy...I entrust that you are all managing the polar vortex that we are being told is sweeping your fair country right now. And a sugar rush is perfect to combat the calories used in keeping warm... I always say better to be in the snow with a chocolate bar than a salad.....chocolate will keep you alive.....a salad not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely happy post....I agree with Shez....love seeing kids getting creative! The snowy pics are so enjoyable to see...thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like loads of fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creativity ......Grandkids,,,,,,equals loads of fun ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear grandma , what fun you are having. Who's that girl sleeping under my bed Elizabeth?

    ReplyDelete