Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Summer bites

It is absolutely sub-zero freezing here for the first time this winter.  It's long overdue but still a blast in the face.  One of the books I read to the kids had a blueberry muffin in the story.  What brings back summer better than blueberries?  So even though I've never in my life purchased a blueberry in January these were calling me (and the blueberries were on sale, even if they were from Chile.)
    Sarabeth's Bakery cookbook to the rescue once again.  And once again I fudged the recipe for what I had on hand.  All purpose flour instead of cake.  Orange juice from a bottle instead of fresh squeezed.
 Did not matter one bit.  They were delicious. Warm, oh so warm from the oven.
I had this one mostly eaten before I thought to take a picture.  These were mongo-big muffins and I didn't want to eat another ( oh, go ahead...twist my arm!) just for the picture so here's what's left!

No comments:

Post a Comment