Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Barn Raising

I did it!  The barn quilt is on the dining room table, the box of pins is open, smooth it out and I'll have the quilt pinned in about an hour.  I met my deadline!  Actually, I could have met it yesterday but after shopping for the backing the nap sounded better.  I love the little border I added.  I spent ALL DAY Sunday reorganizing my stash...what a job...but I found this forgotten piece of yellow with little bumblebees on it.  What's a farm without bees??

Of course, true to form, I didn't follow the pattern completely but changed fabric ideas and left off a couple of critters I just ran out of time for.

The book I used it called Story Time: Picture Quilts to Stir a Child's Imagination  by KimGaddy and this is the cover quilt.  If you have little ones, this is full of very cute (but not cutesy) quilts that tell a story in progressive squares.  I just happened to pick the most detailed one to do in a very short time...a month!  It's completely needle turn appliqued. 

Now I have one month to get it hand quilted.  Baby is due Feb. 7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment