Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful 13

Today we went to sign me up for Social Security.  Yikes.  One of the pamphlets described me as "old people."  While you are encouraged to do your signup online, we had a couple of questions so made an in-person-appointment.  I'm thankful we did. I joked that our life is pretty mundane but it turned out there were just enough glitches connected to me (so what else is new?) that even the woman helping us said, "it's a good thing you came in." Thankful, thankful, thankful!!

After we left we went to a new place to eat.  As I was walking out I crashed - read CRASHED - my face into the glass wall I thought was the door.  I now know what they mean when they refer to seeing stars.  I think I broke my nose.  We'll see what I look like tomorrow morning.  It's swelling, sore and there's a cut.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Be careful, for gosh sakes! I guess be thankful for a hard hea, too!!!

    ReplyDelete