Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blue and white

Don't you love blue and white? There are a few colors I don't like, not many - but some. But I love blue. Especially navy, lake and periwinkle. Indigo, baby, and National Geographic sky blue.
Today I looked out the window of my library at school and saw the pinkest crab apple trees in full bloom against that National Geographic sky blue so I took my camera to the front door where the dogwood was blooming and took this picture. I do love the dogwood trees. I have 5 at home. We planted a pink one at the front door when my mother-in-law passed away. She liked pink, though she looked better in blue. Then we bought three more white ones to plant for her and her two sisters. They were known in the family as "The Big Three." We planted those side by side so the branches would intertwine, like they did. There's another white one outside the back porch. I planted that the minute we finished building this house. It was the first thing in the ground and I enjoy it very much. Mrs. Wren likes to perch on it when she's building her nest in the wren bottle on the house.
I miss Snappyfriends and so will send this on to them.

For some reason I can't highlight my posts on my home computer (if anyone knows how I can fix this please let me know, it's frustrating not being able to highlight!!) so I have to send the whole address. Sorry about this! If you have an idea why I can't highlight, know that I CAN highlight in my blog on the computer at school. It's a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help you with the computer problem but I love the story of your dogwoods .

    ReplyDelete