Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday

We are having the most amazing weather. After a mild, warmish, snowless winter we are, in the middle of March, when we should be shovelling snow,

...hanging laundry...
...painting...today I painted 13 pillars on the porches...
Patient Husband painted the upper floor....
and marvelling at the daffodils in bloom, hyacinths almost in bloom, buds on the trees and rose bushes
It was a windows open curtain flapping beautifully warm day. What a gift.
It was SO nice to get some of the painting chores done in mid- March instead of mid-May. I just came off a very, very stressful week at work and should have been on the couch all day recuperating but I couldn't let this weather slip by. The frogs are singing mating calls, the birds are everywhere. Mrs. Robin was sitting in a nearby tree when I got go "her" pillars. She wasn't happy with the color I was painting, I suppose. She sure let me know she wanted me out of her way. Every year we have at least 5 robins nesting on the pillars, at the doorways, in the wreaths, at every entrance to the house. Eventually they get used to us coming and going and it's ok with them that we live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment