Sunday, February 12, 2012

Inspirations

Saturday Patient Husband and I went to Kalamazoo to Quilts Plus. They were hosting a trunk show of the items in this book. Wait, you say, your patient husband actually willingly went with you to a quilt shop for a trunk show?? Well, yes and no. We were on our way to an event at Western Michigan University and during the week I had called the shop and asked them to hold a copy of this book. He willingly agreed to stop at the shop but immediately broke out into nervous hives when we walked in the door. I think all he could see was the hours ticking away as I wandered touching and feeling the fabrics. He was gracious, but we didn't stay long and I didn't buy any fabric!
We were there just long enough for me to get a look at all of the items in person from this book. Everything in the book was present and they were absolutely beautiful.

Let me say that I never, ever purchase a quilt book sight unseen. I never ever do it. But the women who present this book sure know what they are doing. I bought this over the phone based on what I saw on the cover. When I got it home I curled up in my chair and read it straight through three times! It's a beauty. And so very inspiring.

But wait! There's more! In the few minutes I was there, I noticed someone who looked familiar. I wasn't sure. I circled. I approached. And then I asked. I told her I thought she looked familiar (she once posted a picture of herself on her blog) and she said the same of me. I asked her name. It was Carol! Carol who I've mentioned several times before as being SO very helpful to me with this blog thing. Carol who has been so very helpful to me with this blog thing and who is in the same (very large ) guild as I am but who I've never met! Carol who I invented the peppermint pattie shortbread cookie for! I finally met Carol! Hi, Carol!!


1 comment:

  1. Denice, it was so wonderful to finally meet you. I wrote about our meeting too, but won't post for a couple days. I'm talking about our stops on the Heart of Winter tour by the day. Again, so great to meet at last! Wasn't that trunk show great? Bet you are going to really enjoy that book. Hope to see you at Guild.

    ReplyDelete