Monday, October 17, 2011

R and R

We went on a quilt retreat this weekend. Not a store sponsored one, just a group of friends in need of a little R and R. This is our third year and we've got next year booked. We were at this wonderful, peace filled place called The Inn at the Rustic Gate. We walk in the door and place ourselves in the care of the inn keepers, Marsha, Pat and Sharon. A place filled with care, love, peace and quiet...until we get there! Then things get a little rowdy.
Outside Friend Marilyn and my bedroom we have this view.
I'm sorry I didn't make the bed before taking this picture, but you get the idea. Bright, airy peaceful rooms.

This is the dining room where we are indulged by the inn keepers, Marsha, Pat and Chef Sharon.
This is the kitchen where Sharon works her magic. Marsha is helping Sharon string beans. While I was watching and talking with them, there was a little 'discussion' from Sharon about Marsha "doing them the way I want them." Only the best! When I walked in just before lunch I said, "This must be what heaven smells like. And if it doesn't, it should!" Oh, my, the things Sharon sets before us for each meal. Real button busting meals.
We have show and tell for Marsha, Pat and Sharon after our Saturday dinner. This year the wind and rain kept us from the traditional porch setting for our group shot, but the stairs worked, too!
We each made three nine square blocks to use as currency in the game LCR (Left, Center, Right), where you roll the dice and have to pass a block to either the left, center, right or keep. A fall palette of colors was chosen and it was a beautiful selection- I would have loved to get my hands on these.
Winner takes all!!! (It wasn't me)

1 comment: