Sunday, October 30, 2011

Frosty

There's frost on the pumpkins this morning. And on everything else, too. As I walked out in my nightgown to get the newspaper this morning, my stockinged feet were made aware it's a lot colder this morning than yesterday. The last of the flowers had a coating of frost.

And the water in the bird bath had a sheet of ice over it.
What do you do when you're home alone for days with no Patient Husband to talk to? PH is enjoying Florida with his brother and sister-in-law this weekend. I didn't go along. I had a long quilt weekend just two weeks ago and didn't think I should/could be gone from my job again. I know, life is short and I should have gone, but oh, well. He's having a good time, it's warmer there than here and he needs a break.
So, I've been reading, sewing, not cooking, eating in front of the TV, watching girl movies while I sew, and it's been very lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment