Sunday, July 31, 2011

Peaches and pretties

It's hot here and that means peaches. We've picked them all so far, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, black raspberries, and now peaches are in. It's one of the best things about summer, choosing a tree ripened peach....
... and taking home a bag full to eat and this morning I made a pie.

The girls came for their weekly visit last week and we walked the pier to visit the lighthouse. Elizabeth loves the lighthouse. The rule as we walk the pier is they have to stay in the middle tunnel on the way out to the end.



It's hard to contain the excitement of a little freedom - as long as they follow the rule they don't have to hang onto our hands.




Saturday Patient Husband and I went to a quilt show put on by the Lighthouse Quilt Guild in Grand Haven, another beach town north of us. He was such a sweet guy to go with me. He sat in the husband chair drinking a cup of coffee and picking out his next wife. I think the one who kept feeding him cookies is a contender. He tells me when he's in need of another wife he's going to go the the quilt stores - that's where all the women are! I told him he could definitely find one there, but to be careful, quilters know how to spend money!

I am not sure if I am supposed to credit these quilts with their maker's names. If I should do that, please, someone, let me know and I'll edit this post. I just took some pictures of the ones that I liked the most.


The pieces on this one were so eentsy beentsy and it was beautiful!


This was sweet. I like birds and this one was just simple and sweet.


This was another sweet little quilt.

This was stunning. The quilt was all garden angel blocks, it was a block of the month from Texas and the detail or extra ribbon, embroidery and bead work was very intricate.


This was very nice, a folded hexagon table topper. An acquaintance, Kristi Jo Knoll made this and it was really nice. Kristi Jo does beautiful work. I was disappointed for her in the place where this hung. It was off in a tucked away corner and it's too bad because this was one you wanted to get your nose up against to try to see her stitches (I usually always do that with Kristi Jo's work.)


So, we had a great together day. A quilt show, a couple of vendor purchases, lunch at a restaurant we used to frequent a lot (before we moved here), a walk through some of the town and along the waterfront boardwalk and then picking peaches on the way home.





















No comments:

Post a Comment