Sunday, June 26, 2011

Red and sand and sun

Arent' these fun? Snappyfriends wanted something red this week. Remember the antique/junk place where I found that door knocker a couple of posts ago? Well, these were sitting out on a table and I knew I'd better snap this while they were there. Didn'ts. I didn't try them on and I didn't look to see how much they were. You know what they say about hindsight. I went back a couple of days later to do both and of course they were sold. I can't imagine me actually wearing them but I sure would have liked to try them on!



Well on the way to making 409 yo-yos. This is a project I saw in a magazine and I really wanted to start cleaning out the stash drawers of pieces and parts and unused uninteresting fats and such. This project is just about going to do the trick. I can't wait to see what I have when they're all yo-yoed so I can decide on a background for them.





But ever on my mind is the next really seriously nice project I want to do. I can't decide on a pattern but I want it to come out of this drawer. It's filled with blue and green and red and it goes deep. These aren't fat quarters, most of this is yardage and it's stuck in my head that this project has to be deserving of yardage. I don't want to blow it. But then, I guess I could always go shopping if I do! The point here is to use what I have. Thinking.....thinking....


After a week of almost continual rain, we had a wonderful Saturday of warm sunshine. The kids came for a visit and we went to the beach Saturday morning.



We have a wonderful neighbor, Walter, who made a boat for each of my grandbabies. We have them on long strings for pulling. After he and I shared a story he loves called Toy Boat by Randall deSeve, Charlie asked Walter to make a boat for him like the one in the book. Walter made the boat and then Charlie decided that Elizabeth needed one, too, so he asked Walter to make one for her. A couple of weeks ago Charlie decided that now the little girls needed a boat so he and I walked over to Walter's house and Charlie asked for "two more boats, please, for Adelaide and Cecilia." By the next day we had two more boats.





Oozy clay between piggy toes that used to be bottled and sold as beauty clay in Chicago! This stuff oozes out of our cliff, down to the beach and into the lake. Free for piggy toes.




Sand castles




Chocolate cookie picnic




Sand angels




Our Michigan in rocks!! (See that yellow leaf? That's where we are!)























No comments:

Post a Comment