Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

We had a perfectly wonderful Mother's Day. The weather was the guest of honor at the party. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Patient Husband and I stopped at my mom's for a visit in the morning before she headed off to my sister's for the afternoon. We had to document her magnolia - in all it's glory. Usually just about the time the magnolia blooms we get a frost or severe storm that kills or knocks off all the blossoms. But this year it's stupendous. My mom is having a total knee replacement tomorrow and she's worried about it. She's 85 and said, "What the heck! My life is over! Why am I doing this?" And we told her she should expect to be around for awhile and to do that pain free is worth what she's going to go through. I have two new knees. I know what she's in for, but in the end, it's worth every bit of the ordeal.

After we left her house we went to my daughter's. What a perfect day to sit in the yard and play with the kids, eat tomato tarts and drink a gin an tonic, a glass (or two) of wine. I wonder if the top of Colin's head is a little sun burnt today?

I forgot to load a picture of our picnic dinner. We promised the girls if they ate a good dinner we'd take a walk to the ice cream store after. It's just a couple of blocks from their house and makes for a nice evening destination.

Who doesn't love ice cream? Why do they order chocolate when they're wearing white?

Elizabeth had to eat the top knot off Grandpa's cone that was dipped in chocolate. This child would bleed chocolate if you cut her.

No comments:

Post a Comment