Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finally!

Finished!

This is the "Mommy, is Grandma making this quilt for me because she knows how much I love flowers?" quilt. I really intended it to be just a 'utility' quilt for around here in the summer but how can a grandma resist a request like that? It occurred to me the other day as I was trying to fold the many quilts she already owns and she insisted she likes them "jumbled" that she doesn't even like being covered up when she sleeps! For a couple of years I scrounged pink flower fat quarters intending to make a pink and white dresden plate quilt. One day last summer I just got tired of moving the stash from one place to the next so I cut triangles, sewed them back together in no order and bordered it in a soft pink. Utility quilt. It is girly pretty, though. And I still have scraps.

Today, Patient Husband and I saw a phenominally good movie. Run, don't walk to the theater to see The King's Speech ! Oh, my goodness.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about the King's Speech, now with your recommendation I must see it. You are such a good Grandma making that quilt for your grandchild. Like you said, how could you resist. We are such suckers for those little ones. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete