Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Attention deficit

 It is well known among my family that I can flit from one thing to another quite quickly.  I can also zero in but they aren't usually around to see that part of my attention deficit.

My number ten Chookshed Challenge is to work on the pre-history map of Lowell and I did actually pull it out of the box for the photo.  And I did say that I am happy to work on it while sitting out on the porch enjoying the fine weather we are having.

But then I walked past the bed where the daffodils were all stacked and thought - ugh- if I don't get these trimmed I'll never get them assembled and I CAN sit outside with this.  So for the past two entire afternoons I have been spent trimming these 20 stacks of HSTs.  I can't believe it's taking so long to do it!  Two full, whole afternoons!  And they still aren't finished! No wonder I can't get anything done, I am easily bored and if I didn't have an audio book going I would have stuffed them back in a box. I'm too close now to stop so trudge on I will. 
I did though, pick up the map and resumed figuring out the Indian corn.  If you look closely you can see the pencil outline I made of what I thought would be ok, but whoa, they were so big and clunky I pulled it apart.  Do you know what happens to beads when you cut the string? 
I think this size works better, this is an artistic interpretation after all.  A few more pumpkins at the bases of these cornstalks and am still wrangling with the idea of beans, the third of the Three Sisters.  I don't know if the will make it.  
And I found this tucked away for this quilt.  Trees!  I can build the forest!  And look! Bear tracks! If I don't do a bear I can track some. 


2 comments:

  1. I like your corn, it looks very effective. Great tree fabric and bear tracks will look wonderful on your map!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity and hand work are inspiring. I am referring to the picture you are creating with stitches, applique', and beads.
    The green and yellow hst's will make a lovely something. Did you hand sew them or get out the machine? They will be trimmed with great & peaceful moments enjoying the summer sun.

    ReplyDelete