Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Number 2 finish

 Well, I didn't think it would happen, and I didn't even have to do the hard part - piecing the blocks - but I did put the finish on my number two in the Chookshed Stitcher challenge, even though I spent the better part of the last month on a heating pad.  

These blocks were part of a retreat challenge/exchange.  We each gave a piece of fabric to everyone else and asked or didn't ask for something particular.  I gave the green with flower dot (you can see it on the basket closest to the bottom of the pic) and asked for baskets.  I didn't care what kind of basket, just baskets.  We were supposed to have them composed into something and finished, including the binding ( !! ) by retreat in April.  I like that this goes exactly end to end on the dining room table. 

I don't much like deadlines because life happens when you're trying to have fun and I needed to get this done well ahead of April.  And now I have.  Can't wait to see what number the spin of the wheel will give us for March!




6 comments:

  1. Great finish Denice, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I get things get done ahead of time. Nice job, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Denice! You are two for two and early as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh! the table runner looks great on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very nice table runner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like deadlines, either, but look at you getting finished way ahead!
    I like the idea of the request for any kind of basket, and what a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete