Friday, August 11, 2023

All Good

 Just since the last post we've been to PH's brother's cottage again for a few days, to our Ceci's birthday party, dinnered with two sets of friends, cleaned out some of the garage.  It's been a good time, the weather is cooperating and it's only the middle of August.  Still plenty of summer left because here in Michigan, September could be considered the prettiest month.

                                                       Of all, I only took a photo of our Ceci


Oh, and I finally started to work on Charlie's quilt again.  I had the applique done so kind of procrastinated about starting to put the borders on.  I have two borders that fit on the bottom, one a layer of land and one a layer of sea.  So, one day I drew out the land, measured 82 times so I didn't blow it, cut it out, pinned it in place, basted it down and appliqued the green onto the blue.  

Can you see it?  It's upside down. I held it up and there they are, flying straight for a crash landing into the land. Photo. Seam ripper. Round two.

3 comments:

  1. I glad you prevented the crash. That seam ripper comes to the rescue again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cake for ceci.....
    Bugger about the planes......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the seam ripper is an essential part of a quilter's equipment

    ReplyDelete