Thursday, June 1, 2023

Making progress

 Well, it's been said before, and many times by me...if you aren't working on it, it won't get done.

I have a thing about being inside when the weather is nice...warm, sunny, blooming, tweeting.  I can't be inside, even if outside means just sitting on the porch with the afternoon and a book.  

But I've also discovered that if you're not working on the stitches things don't get stitched. Those elves that helped the shoemaker out are apparently not quilters.  So. The other day I took my Liberty circles out with me and stitched.  

                                  Sitting out back with the container of circles, needle and thread
 enjoying the view and the sun and the sounds (birds, chipmunks and squirrels running through the leaves, turkeys out on the hill, deer running past ) and the green, Oh, that green!
I started to work for real. I stitched them outside and inside in the evening while we watched a little TV until we chose a program that's subtitled so no stitching now till that series is over.

                          and actually accomplished enough that I could think "wow! I have a pile!"

This is a project Friend Barb and I were doing together.  She, of course, is finished with hers, it's been machine quilted and bound. Done.  I'm not even close but getting closer. 

3 comments:

  1. I am with you on reading only one book at a time, but do confess to having LOTs of quilt projects on the go. Hoping to get a few of them finished in the near future if life doesn't take over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spot to both read and do some hole stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the liberty progress but the view is even better. What an amazing back yard.
    Must be a treat after the cold .

    ReplyDelete