Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Brian's pillow

 

You know, I kind of really like appliqueing these little squares onto fabric.  Once you get the first one in the middle on, the rest is easy.  I draw a VERY light pencil grid line on the background (which disappears as I also use it as my quilting guideline,) draw quarter inch lines around each little piece and needle turn sew them on.  I've done three pieces using these little squares and I guess I wouldn't keep going back to it if I didn't like doing it.  It's a great way to use those little pieces and I just might consider a quilt top.  Just might. Don't hold me to it. I'm thinking out loud here. 

This pillow is a gift for Brian, in England, where we are now.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet piece. Looks like a project I would enjoy too. Have a safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pillow. Such a great fun way to use up the small blocks. They would make a fabulous quilt ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very nice I'm sure he appreciate it. Love the bee in the middle.

    ReplyDelete