Monday, October 19, 2020

Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall


 Well, maybe 90 butterflies.  This isn't all of them.  I ran out of table, someplace to lay them out.  I think this quilt is going to be bigger than I'm comfortable hand quilting but I won't send it out to be machine quilted.  I've spent way too much time nose to needle with these insects and won't give up the project for someone else to finish.  But boy, I'm getting tired of them.     I can finish about 2 in an evening so it's taken the better part of my life these past couple of months.  When these are finished there are three coneflower pieces to be appliqued but that's ok, they're different from the butterflies.   I've had fun with them, though, too.  Using bigger scraps, paring pretties.   There are nine left to go. Eighty-one bottles of beer on the wall.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I hear winter is headed you way so you will get this finished in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh that's going to look amazing when done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Denice you have done an amazing job. These butterflies look lovely. I am so happy to have some of them too. I cant believe you have made so many. They do make me happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. your butterflies are gorgeous! I understand your reluctance to get it quilted after all that beatufil handwork. I've had my applique quilts custom quilted simply without the applique being worked. Makes the applique pop. Look forward to seeing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So many flutterbys..and all so cute. Nothing is too big for you to achieve.

    ReplyDelete