Thursday, March 21, 2019

If My Moon Was Your Sun

If My Moon Was Your Sun: with CD audiobook and music  If My Moon Was Your Sun by Andreas Steinhofel

    This is the story of Max, who is just nine years old and today is going to kidnap his grandfather.
Max's grandfather is his best friend in the world and recently was moved into a nursing home because of his memory. 
     Max has a plan and this is the day, a beautiful day, a day that was going to help the longing in his heart for his grandfather. 
     It's easy, really.  Max visits his grandfather so often he is trusted with the lock down code on the door. Today, with a plan in his head, Max tells his grandfather they are leaving.  Somehow Miss Schneider comes along with them but that's ok, she's harmless and a little in her own world but also grateful for the fresh air of a beautiful day.
     Max and Grandfather and Miss Schneider take a bus out of town to their favorite place to once again be together and remember better times. It is here with the sweetest, tenderest help from Grandfather that Max comes to terms with what is happening to him.
     As I finished this story and wiped the tear I wished on the full moon outside the window that someday one of my grandchildren will kidnap me. 

1 comment: