Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving Eve

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and look who came for a visit.  We looked out into the back woods this week and stopped counting at 30 of these wild turkeys.  it's deer hunting season right now so I think these birds are out celebrating their freedom for awhile.


While our daughter preps for the meal tomorrow we traditionally keep the girls out of her hair for a couple of days.  That means getting our Christmas tree while we have them here to help decorate it. So this morning off we went.  PH is liking lying on the ground sawing at trees less and less each year and this lot is part  of a tree farm and the trees are cut fresh every day so for the past couple of years we've spared PH's back and knees.
 Adelaide was excited to see this sign because she happened to bring her Rudolph along.
 I think I lost control.  But we are standing in front of our tree of choice.
 The Christmas tree stands are all going to having the spike down the middle so the tree farms just drill a hole up the center of the trunk, we bring it home, put the hole into the spike and voila!  A tree that stands straight with no help!  Ingenious.
 We were remembering the days when we had to fit a full tree into the car between kids. It's so easy now.  Attach a chain,
 pull it through the baler
 and it's trussed up like a turkey. 
 Gift wrapped on top of the car, soon to be tied down and ready to go.
 This place has a warming house with hot chocolate, popcorn, marshmallows for toasting and
 hot dogs for roasting
 The girls signed the guest book and we were ready to go, tummies full of goodness.
 This is the "I told you it didn't have to be 8 feet tall" moment.  HE was saying that to ME even though I told him I wasn't looking for tall, I was looking for nice.
 Here he is, cutting off about $8.00.
We decorated and then went to a movie.  I think we tired them out for this year.

In my quilting corner I'm working on this.

4 comments:

  1. Thats all very exciting..... Big day out......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt! I spy gingham and appliqué....my two favourite things! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, with your wonderful family. The Christmas traditions are being shaken up here.....it's very very hot right now, quite unusual for spring. By the way I am thankful for meeting you on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I want to come for a Christmas and do all that! Live trees always look smaller in the field than they do when you get them inside.Ha Ha! It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh ... take care or this could be you! https://youtu.be/xpulF3XPlik

    ReplyDelete