Saturday, October 28, 2017

Florida jaunt

We just returned from four days in Florida where we were visiting PH's brother and SIL Joyce at their condo.  Our first day was cloudy and rainy but
 after that we had gorgeous blue skies everyday with temperatures to match.

Every morning we walked the beach and PH and I discovered it's great exercise for our calves and hips.  Ouch.
Aren't they beautiful?  This is what we were walking on if we didn't stick to the water line! I couldn't stand it.  I started picking them up and putting them in PH's pockets.
 He helped a little until he said, "No more! My pants are going to fall off!"
 So, I balanced a couple of big ones on my head so I could take some pictures.  After that we brought bags along.

 Every afternoon the boys took to the pools
while Joyce and I found nice shady spots to read the afternoon away. What could be better?

 Evenings we found interesting seafood restaurants.  This one was on the canal where the cruise boats leave so we got there in time to watch.  This is the Disney cruise ship leaving on Friday night.
 Truly, this is how close they come to the restaurants.  That's the back of PH's head.
 On the way home we saw peacocks and peahens sauntering down the streets.  The busy streets.  Like they were sparrows or something.  "Oh," Joyce said, "they're all over the place."  Well, really.
 How many times have you seen peacocks coming up to you begging for bits?  This one was in a parking lot of a store.  His hen was walking down the street.  It was the craziest thing I've ever seen.

And coming home today, this is what greeted us as we came off the highway!  It was a huge rainbow that disappeared very quickly.  By the time PH stopped the car so I could run out with my camera, the second half disappeared.  This was a very bright full rainbow, stretching from end to end.  If you look closely to the right you can just see it was a double rainbow welcoming us home!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely interlude.....cannot resist shells myself, I go for anything with a pearly sheen or interesting design or colours....yep I do love them all. What are you planning to do with the booty of shells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lovely time away............when does your special visitor arrive..........

    ReplyDelete