Sunday, August 27, 2017

Perfection

What a beautifully perfect late summer day!  The sun is shining, it isn't hot, it feels like a sweet September afternoon, not the dog days of August. 
 
The birds are at the feeder
 There's a whole whitefish in the smoker
 I am auditioning a new recipe and have already made adjustments to the original - that's kind of how I cook anyway.  Recipes are more often than not "suggestions."
 One of the finished attempts
And I'm sitting on the porch finishing the dresden plate quilt.  I am within 1.5 of the squares of finishing the quilting.  My under finger is sore, calloused and raw, but it's going to be finished  t o d a y.
A perfect calm day.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day........ Except for the finger.... Goodluck.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baked tomatoes stuffed with ... corn? basil? mozzarella? Please grace us with the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What we refer to as a "diamond day". Is that the dresden quilt that you are completing for someone else? I enjoy your little snippets of life.....I must try to reciprocate. 4 weeks until we move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to your goal. Everything looks rosy in your part of the world. Not looking so good in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing it doing he at retreat.....

    ReplyDelete