Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Year!

Hey! It's been one year today that I started this blog and I almost missed it! No pictures, no books to recommend, no cookies, no quilts today. I'm home for lunch and just happened to remember the day and quickly before heading back to work I needed to mark the spot with an "X". So, I'm just mentioning it. I remember the work it took to get this thing right and I still wish I could do more but don't have the brains to figure it out on my own. I want to thank Carol for all of her help. She lives in town and we belong to the same huge guild but we've never met! She's been so very, very helpful to me by answering my "but how do I do...?" questions by email. The fact I can do anything at all on these pages is because of her patience with me.
I also want to thank the Snappyfriends for letting me play with them. I do love (and have for my whole life ) photography. In my other life I used to develop my own film. But years have separated me from that life and I've forgotten a lot. I love it and want my camera to play nice with me and being included in this group has been lots of fun.
I started this with the hope of making some friends in the quilting world. And I do have some people who actually check in on my space here. But I've also met crochet/knitting people and cooking people and stitching people all over the world. Those techie people certainly named the World Wide Web correctly, didn't they? I've spent countless hours reading blogs and know that if I want more followers I have to comment on their blogs instead of smiling as I read their pages and then moving on. But sometimes I'm grabbing a second here and there to read and just don't have the chance or time. I love this world I've discovered and find myself saying "I have a friend in....Gibraltar or Australia (prayers to you all who are suffering floods), or Colorado, or...." because I do think of you that way.
Happy first!

1 comment:

  1. it sure is the world wide web and I remember the first time I had a comment from someone overseas.....I was shocked........it really is a small world once we find a few more people in different places.....and glad you found our snappy friends.....it's fun.......

    ReplyDelete